06 December 2009

I am so excited to be unemployed.

Today was our last day at the markets. It was a great day and I felt so appreciated and loved. What a wonderful send off - I was lavished with gifts and well wishes by many. Nick brought the kids to the markets and we had a post-market picnic with some dear friends. We found appreciative new homes for all of our market gear and came home with significantly less than we went with. Ahhhh, stuff disappearing left and right, it is so awesome.

I feel so free! Don't get me wrong, working for myself is fantastic and rewarding beyond words, but when you have something to look forward to like travelling around Australia, and you're in the middle of the biggest cleanout of possessions ever, and you're me, you don't want to be functioning a kitchen and turning out hundreds of cupcakes, muffins and brownies every week. The chaos has been getting to me, big time. Nick and I have swapped roles a bit - he has been very lovingly reassuring me that we only have another week left in this house, and after that our lives will be much more organised. I'm looking forward to that.

At the moment I just look around at all that we have left to do. Admittedly, there isn't a whole lot. We can now pack up the kitchen. My uber-clever husband organised the bed auctions to finish this weekend, so all of the beds have been picked up, their underneaths vacuumed, and new floor beds made up in their places. It's cute. And spacious.

This afternoon we had much left post-market cleanup to deal with. Feeling ultimately relaxed, we all settled in and watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs while munching on cut up fruit and veggies. The movie was hilarious, especially the first half. Much fun was had by all.

So this is our last week in our house!! I can't believe that we're only a few weeks away from a completely different life. A slow, low-stress life. Spending time together, doing whatever we want, whenever we want.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations! Now is there room for me in your suitcase? Seriously! Im so jealous! I can't wait to lose possessions and hit the road! sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh, I know :o) It's soooo good.

    ReplyDelete