27 March 2010

Study

I want to study!

I am currently enrolled in the Certificate IV Applied Science (Nutrition) course through Australian Institute of Applied Science. I have been enrolled since I was pregnant with Maya, and I have completed... one subject. And what have I learned? That I am crap at distance learning. I have no discipline when it comes to managing my own study.

When we were deciding which of our possessions to ship to America and which to find new homes for, I was undecided about my textbooks and workbooks. Should I just face the fact that I'm not going to complete the course and find someone who would use the stuff? I listed it all on Freecycle, and then backed out.

I'm so passionate about nutrition! I just can't imagine not learning as much as I can and really being a part of the movement.

So I'm back onboard with studying. I would like to be a Holistic Nutritionist. After my stint with The Laughing Planet Baking Company (my own whole foods baking business), I thought I would start that back up in the States. It was fun, it was rewarding, and I can see that if I would have put more time and effort into it, it would have been very successful.

I'm not sure now if I want to do it again on its own, or if I would want to do it in conjunction with a Holistic Nutrition practice, or if I want to do it at all. My original recipes will come in very handy in that kind of practice, and it is the recipe development that was my favourite part of the whole affair. Maybe I could outsource the baking? Hmmm, lots to think about.

But I do know I want to study. I just need to work out a way to organise myself!

4 comments:

  1. Outsourcing the baking sounds like a great idea to me. I think you should study and eventually write lots of whole food recipe books, I'd buy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd buy them too : )
    So I'm considering doing this Holistic Medicine Program (especially interested in Nutrition as well)
    http://www.achs.edu/natural/natural.aspx?id=4
    The college is actually here in Portland and a friend of mine is enrolled there now getting her Certificate in Natural Product Manufacturing. She seems to really like the online program. Anyway I totally identify with the discipline when it comes to managing my studies, but hey therein lies the challenge I suppose.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greendraggon, it sounds like a pretty great idea to me too! Just need to work out the logistics. My market stall and recipe book were popular enough in Oz for me to seriously look into a way to recreate it in the US without having to do the baking myself.

    Summer, that is one of the many schools I looked at. I realise that I really need to complete the course I'm already enrolled in and just give it everything I've got. I can always transfer the credits down the road when I want to pursue the Bachelor's Degree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a good to visit to site...last month.here we gets lotss of information about studuies and work ......
    Work And Study

    ReplyDelete