06 October 2010

It's he-eeere...



At long (loooooooooooong) last, our stuff has arrived. As multitudes of friends and family have predicted, it was just like Christmas.

Gee we have a lot of kitchen stuff. And we brought all of it with us, not knowing whether or not we would be starting up the baking business again. I have more loaf tins and cake pans than you could shake a stick at (to which one should ponder on the need to shake a stick at any large quantity of anything). Utensils! Our awesome quality, super sharp knives! Big ole wooden cutting boards! Storage containers galore! And since it's all been sitting in boxes since December, it all got washed, and let me tell you, that was a project. I'm so thankful that Nick is a finisher, because I would have lost steam before that project was over. Actually, if we're being honest, I totally lost steam. But it's still done. Yay Nick.

The kids have been loving having a bunch of dress up stuff again, and being so close to Halloween (which they are rapturously excited for since they have heard plenty about it but never participated in) they are busy adjusting their outfits. Endlessly.

I am just thrilled to have my favorite jeans back. It's amusing to me that, while waiting for our stuff to arrive, I bought myself some chocolate brown pants and a charcoal grey t-shirt, only to find that I already owned some chocolate brown pants and a charcoal grey t-shirt that I had completely forgotten about. I guess I have a style. Who knew?

3 comments:

  1. For discussions on stick shaking and early meanings (and the chance to spend many hours perusing meanings of words and phrases) see http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-sha2.htm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I love it! My favorite part was: "Let me summarise: nobody knows for sure." As it stands, we no longer have any boxes that would require stick-shaking (for threatening OR counting purposes), but we do have more kitchen gadgets than...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! And you are so lucky that you fit in your favourite jeans, mine seem to have shrunk terribly (cough cough).

    My first thought when I saw all those boxes was OMG she chopped up the motor home and posted it to herself! hehe

    Glad you are enjoying having your familiar things again! Hugs xoxox

    ReplyDelete