03 January 2010

Time is on our side

Thursday 31 December, 2009
Day4

I have hardly left the farm since we've been here. I did pop out this morning to meet my friend Marnie in town as she and the girls were passing through on their way back to Sydney. It was uncanny timing - she was 3 minutes from Urunga when we finally got in touch (hard with no mobile reception or internet), so she stopped at the tourist centre and Michael's cousin drove me in to meet her to pick up the mermaid she made for Maya - Nate had it commissioned for Christmas. Thanks Marnie!

When we got back to the farm, someone was going into Coffs Harbour and had waited in case I wanted to go with her, and the men were going fishing. I didn't feel like fussing with carseats, and really I found myself completely unanxious to go anywhere. I have no time constraints, no deadlines, nothing else I "should" be doing. I'm sitting on the veranda, watching the cows grazing near the pumpkin patch, while Eli snoozes in the motorhome and the kids play with their friends. If this "holiday" had a finish date, I know I'd be feeling a lot more anxious to DO MORE, SEE MORE, EXPERIENCE MORE. As it is, we have all the time in the world! I do hope to get down the road to Bellingen soon though. I hear the markets are great.

A few of us women went for a 3 km walk this morning which was really nice - fresh air, beautiful country views along the river. I hope to do a bit more of that.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great pleasure to catch up with you though so briefly. I loved the serendipitousness of it :-)

    ReplyDelete