27 July 2010

Ballerino Eli

Maya's last ballet class of the summer...

They performed their ballet from A Midsummer Night's Dream, and all of Maya's descriptions of being "cheeky" fairies and hiding and giggling finally made sense. At the end, the teacher handed out rainbow skirts, wands and tiaras for some freestyle dancing. Maya took off her skirt to put on the rainbow one, so Eli grabbed her skirt and put it on. He had already been wearing her other pair of ballet shoes and dancing along at the side of the room. Here is some of their warm up:



For the freestyle, Eli desperately wanted to be in on the action, and I was thinking I might have to take him out of the room since he isn't part of the class and I was foreseeing him being excluded for "insurance issues" or something of that nature. But, mercifully, along came the teacher with a wand and tiara for Eli, and she said, "Do you want to dance with your sister?" He was in complete heaven.



My hero. The bow at the end might be the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment