10 July 2010

New Seasons

So there is this awesome shop called New Seasons. They have all sorts of awesome, beautiful products there - loads of natural food groceries (including xylitol chewing gum which the kids were really excited about, since I wouldn't buy any other kind for them!), a cafe, a deli, and tons of beautiful homewares. I love going there. It is extremely aesthetically pleasing.

The other day I saw a flyer like this:



After Nate's Lego club at the library, I mentioned it to my mom and suggested we check it out. I'm so glad we did.

There were about four staffers dedicated to giving out samples of all kinds of ice cream, all different brands, all different flavors, lots of organic options. It was an ice cream lovers dream. I felt giddy. The kids were rapt. Much fun was had. There was even a dairy-free section where we tried a hemp mint chocolate chip (which was my very favorite), some rice milk "creams" (too rice-milky), and an amazing soy peanut butter and chocolate. Ooh, and a coconut cream cherry and amaretto.



I learned that Haagen Dazs have a line of "5 ingredient" ice creams, which, incidentally, is how I believe all ice creams should be made - just the milk, cream, sugar (or agave or rapadura or honey or whatever), eggs and the flavor. I tried mint, and it was divine.

Check out Eli and Maya snacking in their car trolley:



Here are Nate and my mom, deep in ice cream judgement mode:



And to top it all off, all of the sample dishes and spoons were bio-compostable. That's gotta bring a smile to your face.

5 comments:

  1. ooooh i misss you guys! icecream tasting with basic ingredients and grandma, sounds so perfect, it makes me ache for pure goodness.
    so miss our chats at the markets each week.
    must email. give me a pep talk on moving to usa. we are a bit lost at the moment...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun experience for all of you. Did they have options for the lactose intolerant?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Cherry, DO IT DO IT DO IT! I miss you guys too, heaps and heaps. Oh to have you just a state away... I miss our friends and family in Oz, sometimes painfully, but I'm so happy to be here.

    @KL - LOADS of choices for the lactose intolerant. Rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, choice choice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, it's Jennifer from Living Harvest. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our Tempt frozen dessert! If you are interested in some coupons email me at jennifer@livingharvest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, yes please!! Emailing now :o)

    ReplyDelete